The latest light rail info at your doorstep5 September 2016
A new mobile information hub is now travelling across the CBD and South East, providing the latest information on light rail construction.
The Sydney Light Rail information hub will feature a pop-up stand and street teams at locations across the light rail route, allowing the community to access tailored information for their area, and ask any questions they might have.
CBD Coordinator General Marg Prendergast said staff have been put in place to answer questions about construction and traffic arrangements, as well as the overall project.
“As we progress with construction along the route, it’s important that we are out there in the various communities that will be affected by construction,” Ms Prendergast said.
“The mobile information hub will travel across the CBD and the South East to keep the community fully informed on the progress of the new light rail, and what construction will mean for them.
“They can also tell you what you have to look forward to once construction is complete: when light rail begins operating in 2019, it will bring huge benefits for those living and working along the route by offering reliable, high-capacity and high-frequency services.
“Our teams are there to help you find the information you need, so please look out for them in your area.”
For the remainder of September, the information hub will be at the following locations:
- Devonshire Street, between Chalmers and Elizabeth streets (roaming street team) – 5-7 September
- UNSW Spring Festival, Kensington Campus – 6-7 September
- Northcott Estate Pet Day at Ward Park, Surry Hills – 10 September
- George Street at the corner of Campbell Street – 12-16 September
- Surry Hills Festival – 24 September
- Devonshire Street, at the corner of Elizabeth Street – 26-30 September
New dates will be added to the schedule each month, check for the latest updates on the Sydney Light Rail business and community page.