End of the line construction starts in Kingsford26 March 2017
The CBD and South East Light Rail is set to reach another key milestone with construction to begin this weekend at the end of the Kingsford branch.
From Saturday April 1, construction will start on Anzac Parade between the Nine Ways roundabout and Sturt Street in Kingsford (Zone 31) – the site of the new light rail terminus.
The following traffic changes will be in place on this section of Anzac Parade:
- From 8pm 1 April, the parking lane on the northbound carriageway will become a bus lane and a 24-hour clearway, and the traffic lane adjacent to the median will be closed.
- From the evening of 2 April, the light rail construction site will occupy the northern and central car parks in the median and the adjacent parking lane on the southbound carriageway.
- All parking lanes will be removed in both directions and a 50km/hour speed limit introduced.
- Wallace Street will be closed between the northbound and southbound carriageways of Anzac Parade.
- Wallace Street will only be accessible to vehicles travelling on the southbound carriageway of Anzac Parade.
Anzac Parade will remain open during all work, with two traffic lanes generally maintained in both directions. Localised traffic control will be in place to assist motorists, pedestrians and cyclists with the new traffic arrangements.