About Sydney Light Rail
The CBD and South East Light Rail is a new light rail network for Sydney, currently under construction. The 12km route will feature 19 stops, extending from Circular Quay along George Street to Central Station, through Surry Hills to Moore Park, then to Kensington and Kingsford via Anzac Parade and Randwick via Alison Road and High Street. Construction will be completed and services will start running in 2019.
Sydney Light Rail also incorporates the Inner West Light Rail, which is now operating as the L1 Dulwich Hill Line. The 12.7km route connects Central Station and Dulwich Hill via 23 light rail stops and transports more than 8.4 million customers each year.
- High frequency ‘turn up and go’ light rail services operating up to every four minutes in the peak.
- Reliable and high-capacity services.
- Additional special event services between Central and the Moore Park and Alison Road stops.
- A one-kilometre pedestrian zone along George Street, between Hunter and Bathurst streets, providing new opportunities for outdoor dining, creative spaces and entertainment.
- A fleet of electric-powered light rail vehicles with air conditioning and accessible low-floor design.